Monday 11 August 2014

Hello Sinners!

Hello Sinners ... how are you?

I've often wondered if I held a Sinners Convention how many people would turn up. Not many I suppose and I'd lose a lot of money hiring the venue and having refreshments ready.

The reason I suppose is because most of us don't consider ourselves to be sinners. Not big ones anyway. For the most part, we all believe we're good people deep down and we will eventually go to Heaven, because we're good really! It's all a matter of time.

I mean ... when is the last time you killed someone?

Or robbed a bank?

Or embezzled from your employer or business?

Or coveted your neighbour's wife/husband, or ass? (I must admit I'm very envious of my neighbour's roses. Why does he grow better flowers than me?)

OK ... I know ... some people do cheat on their partners and think nothing of it. It's their right to be happy in life is it not? (Or so they think!)

And that's where the problem lies ... "or so they think".

They believe that a slight flirtation is OK. They think that having a fixation on materialism is harmless really. What's wrong with having a big house, car, plenty of jewellery or whatever? What's wrong with gossiping and telling tales about other people? It's harmless fun. So what if they don't have time to look after elderly parents living alone? They live too far anyway, and life is busy these days with work, looking after the kids and so on. Don't tell me that taking the odd bit of stationery home from work is wrong. Or some other bits and pieces from our employers. It's not stealing is it? Not like robbing a bank. And what's wrong with having a long lunch hour? Or getting to work late or leaving early? Really!

And anyway ... these are all small sins, if sins at all. Not like killing and really stealing which are in the Ten Commandments.

No wonder not many would attend my Sinners Convention ... or so I'm told.

Perhaps some people are sleep-walking their way into hell.

12 comments:

  1. Sin is sin, Victor. ALL have fallen short! IMPOSSIBLE to live the perfect life--there was only one who was perfect---AND WE ARE NOT HIM!

    Good post---I will come to your Sinners Meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for your visit Lulu. Yes, we're all sinners; but not everyone thinks so. There are many who believe they're not.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would attend your convention. I'd just hope you'd have a priest ready to hear my confession. Might take awhile. My goal is to go for 5 minutes without committing a sin. Haven't reached that goal yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rosebud,

      It's so great to see you visiting here. Thanx, much appreciated. We hope you return soon and often.

      It's amazing how sin is viewed in a different perspective by people. Isn't it?

      God bless you Rosebud.

      Delete
  4. Hi Victor! Well, I'd like to think that Jesus will give us all a chance to declare our faith before we take that step to hell...but who knows?
    I'll definitely be at your Sinners Meeting. (I like the idea of having a priest available, great idea from your reader!) I know that there are people who think what they do is 'not bad' because I am one of them. Why else would I consent to sin?

    You've given me a lot to think about today my friend,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see you blogging again Ceil. Welcome back.

      I wonder what it would be like if I held a sinners' convention. What if I stood on stage and conducted an auction? Best sin wins a prize!

      Sorry Ceil, my sense of humor took over just then. Seriously though, many people have lsot the concept of sin, or right from wrong.

      God bless you and yours always.

      Delete
  5. ((( Perhaps some people are sleep-walking their way into hell. )))

    Some of the sins that you've mentioned were Deja Vue sins, that I've heard about during the old days when I was a working Mon Am he :) Nowadays, there's so many new ones but then again, they're really not counted as sins these days, are they now?

    By the way, sinner vic is also one of those new sinners and if you ever hear of him coming to any of your sinners meetings, make sure that you arrange for at least two or three extra priest cause YA never know when and/if he's planning to coerce a few free Willing Soul and/or Spirit if YA get my drift? LOL :)

    http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester/2014/08/fundamental-option-theory-the-default-theology/

    God Bless you and yours Victor #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all sinners in one way or another.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  6. Well, I certainly would have to attend your convention. I may not like it, but I'm a sinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Manny. The more the merrier. At Christmas and Easter we have a penitential service in our church. After prayers there are a number of priests there hearing confessions. The car park is always full when we have these services. I didn't realise we had so many sinners in our town!

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Unfortunately I'd be there. Probably on the setup committee!

    Prayers for forgiveness for all of us.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Michael. We all need forgiveness.

      God bless you too.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.