Saturday 13 April 2013

A Cry from the Heart - Pro-life Song - Father Francis Maple

BACKGROUND - Father Francis Maple is a Franciscan monk who celebrates his 50th Anniversary as a priest around this time.

 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
FATHER FRANCIS MAPLE
ON YOUR
50TH YEAR
AS A PRIEST

Thank you for hearing the call and for your many years serving Our Lord.
May God bless you and protect you always.

Some years ago Father Francis recorded a Pro-Life song entitled A Cry from the Heart and was released originally on casette tapes (later on CDs). He says on the tape cover "I would like to dedicate this song to any young girl or woman who may listen to it and decide not to have an abortion. Life is God's gift."

Thankfully, the song has saved many babies from abortion. Their pregnant mothers heard the song and decided not to go ahead with abortion.

Years later Father Francis met a young boy who told him that his mother heard the song when pregnant and decided not to have an abortion. The boy said he owed his life to the priest. Father Francis has received over 20 other similar testaments of babies being saved.

A copy of the tape came into my posession some time ago and it was in poor quality. Someone helped me to restore it and put it on You Tube. I've put other Father Francis Maple songs on You Tube - with his permission of course. Check them out.

Father Francis has sung in public over the years (and still does) in malls, shopping centres and at his own concerts and has raised over £1m for charity. He has also written several books (sermons, cooking recipes, jokes), and has contributed (and still does) to many newspaper columns and Catholic newspapers and magazines. He spends a lot of time travelling throughout the UK leading Missions in various Catholic churches. Father Francis contributes articles and sermons from time to time to the Community of Catholic Bloggers website.

I hope you enjoy his song "A Cry from the Heart" and that it continues to save many babies from abortion. Hopefully readers here will like the song and write about it.


Mommy keep me safe, mommy keep me warm

Handle me with care, mommy help me to form.

I am ten weeks old, and I know the time will come
when you will give birth to me.

The gift you gave to me are a pair of bright blue eyes
So some day I will see you smile and love me.

I’ve already got my arms and a little podgy nose,
And at the end of my feet I’ve got five little toes.

I look forward to my life, ice cream and slimy snails,
teddy bears and little fairy tales.

Going for walks in the park
Running home before it’s dark.
And being tucked into bed with a kiss.

Where are we going today?
Am I in a boat or bus?

Why are we lying down?
Being drawn on four wheels?

And we go through the door
and there’s people dressed in green.
Everything seems so strange and so clean.

Mommy if they hurt you just let out a scream
and I know someone will come to help you and me.

Mommy what’s going on I am starting to cry
Come quickly they are forcing me to die.

They are killing me mommy, they are pulling me apart
My arms and my legs and now they’re at my heart.

And I won’t see the sky, or the grass or the trees.
and I won’t see the moon, or feel the breeze.

I love you mommy dear, you know I really do
But I only wish you could have loved me too!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Victor, and congratulations to Fr. Francis on his anniversary. Prayers for his mission.

    God bless:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky for your good wishes and for your prayers. I shall be posting this Blog post to Fr Francis in due course.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I would like to thank Vicky for posting a special picture of a baby on the side-bar of her Blog and then linking it to Father Francis' song on You Tube. This will help spread the message and hopefully save more babies.

    I have followed Vicky's example and did the same.

    Thanx Vicky. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our very best wishes and congratulations to Rev. Fr. Francis Maple, in celebration of 50 happy years of ordination to the order of St Francis.
    May he continues to serve God and his congregation, in good health and happiness for the next 50 years.
    God Bless you
    Will & Heli Moubarak

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Fr. Francis on his 50 years of dedicated service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are truly a blessing from God. Thank you and Happy 50th Anniversary.

    Charles Moubarak

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Fr. Francis Maple on his 50 years of dedicated service.

    God bless you.

    Simone Moubarak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just to wish Fr Francis Maple every blessing on the occasion of his golden anniversary of priestly ordination. Ad multos annos!

    Canon Seamus Keenan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Victor, Congratulations to Fr Francis and many many more years..

    Thank you for this timely post as we here in the states are witnessing the terrible trial of Dr Kenneth Gosnell in PA.

    I needed to read this.
    Blessings and +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline for your good wishes which I shall pass on to Fr Francis.

      Abortion is such a sad crime against God.

      God bless.

      Delete
  9. Love this song by Fr. Francis! He has a beautiful heart for the unborn! May God continue to bless him in his work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noreen. Fr Francis will be pleased to see all these messages.

      God bless.

      Delete
  10. Happy 50th Anniversary Father Francis :) Looking forward to seeing you soon when you do your Mission in Bedford.

    God bless you always,

    Karen and Clare Moubarak

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.