Thursday, 26 January 2017

Stupid Street Names

I hate it when Local Authorities name streets the most stupid of names you can't remember; or name a whole area with the same theme. Let me explain. There's an area in our town where all the streets are named after birds - Robin Road, Eagle Street, Pigeon Crescent, Dove Street etc ... fairly easy to remember, I think.

There is also another area where all the streets are named after trees, for some reason or other.

Anyway, I was out there the other day walking the dog when I met an old friend. We stopped and chatted for a while. Suddenly he grasped his chest and fell to the ground. I quickly phoned for an ambulance on my cell-phone.

The operator asked me: "Where are you?"

I replied: "Laburnum Avenue."

She said: "Can you spell it so I can enter it on my computer?"

How could I spell laburnum? I don't carry a dictionary in my pocket. And there was nowhere a street sign I could read it from. I repeated again and again "Laburnum Avenue ... Lab ur num ... I think ... Laburnum ..." but this did not help.

In desperation, I grabbed my friend by his jacket, dragged him all the way down the street, he was heavy I tell you, and phoned again the woman and said: "I am in Oak Street. O-A-K ... Oak Street."

The man died by the time the ambulance arrived.

Now the Authorities want to know whether he died in Laburnum Avenue or Oak Street.

I told them he died on the sidewalk. But this is not good enough apparently.

What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. OH, Victor! Laughing!
    Blessings, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true I tell you. Honest!

      God bless you, Lulu.

      Delete
  2. In desperation, you grabbed your friend by his jacket and then dragged him all the way down the street?...

    All I can say to that is: The loss of a friend is the greatest of losses but then again, "I" could simply say that good health and good sense are tow, "I" mean two of life's greatest blessings. LOL

    Thanks for the chuckles

    God Bless Victor #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragging him to another street was quicker than asking the Local Authorities to change the street name !!!

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. i think i'm just gonna sit here and smile ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't believe me either, do you?

      God bless you, Linda.









      Delete
  4. Oh, my word! That poor, dear man! How awful for him...and you...your back must still be aching from dragging him such a distance. :) Thanks for the smile, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I made you smile, Cheryl. Luckily, he did not have his dog with him, otherwise I would have had to drag that too.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Is it really true. If it is, which I doubt, it's an awfully sad tale.

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Marian. It is not true. I have been told I have an odd sense of humour. Click the tab above "Giggles and Fun" for more humour.

      God bless.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I can see the humour .
      And about posting on my blog, I'm pretty much up for anything uplifting or inspirational .

      God Bless you too...

      gramswisewords.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Marian,

      Write to me at enquiries@holyvisions.co.uk giving your e-mail address so I can send you an article.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...