Sunday, 1 January 2017

Och aye the noo. Happy Hogmanay!

I tell you folks, there is no better place to celebrate the New Year than in Scotland - or in Edinburgh to be precise. Actually, the whole of Scotland is just a wonderful country, but I prefer New Year's eve in Edinburgh.

Oh ... the music of the bagpipes and drums, the fireworks in Princes Street and the gardens overlooked by Edinburgh Castle, the many parties, first footing, people dressed in kilts of various colours depending on their clans, and of course whisky ... plenty of whisky, with a bit of haggis if you wish.
  EDINBURGH CASTLE SEEN FROM PRINCES STREET

It's great fun going to parties and singing Auld Lang Syne to the sound of bagpipes and have men and women dancing in their national costumes. I tell you, Edinburgh is the place to be on New Year's eve.

People have often wondered what is worn beneath a kilt, and a true lady would, of course, never ask. Although she might well find out in her own time.

However, two things I can tell you about kilts. It can be quite cold when the wind is blowing in a Southerly direction and, more important, you have to be very careful not to get too close to a very hot range stove in the kitchen when you are at one of those parties. As happened to ... a friend of mine.

I assure you, it can be quite embarrassing in hospital having a couple of nurses putting soothing cream on one's ... his ... derriere.

8 comments:

  1. How I would LOVE to experience New Years in Scotland! As for your red ------be thankful for cooling creams!
    New Year Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not ME ... it was my friend!

      You'll really enjoy Scotland, Lulu. And Britain too. Happy New Year.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. My dad was from Scotland and I visited that beautiful country 3 times ... the last when I was about 14.

    He would have enjoyed you immensely, Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say about your dad, Linda. The Scots are such nice people. You should visit again.

      Wishing you a Splendid New Year. God bless you all.

      Delete
  3. I shall remember not to ask if one has any under that kilt! Happy New Year Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a true and wonderful lady, Lynn.

      Wishing you and your family the best ever New Year and well beyond that too. God bless.

      Delete
  4. I've been to Edinburgh and it is a beautiful city and I can see how the holidays would be special there! I have a friend who lives there. Such a charming city.

    I've been absent for the last couple of weeks. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a lovely city, Manny. I spent many a time there.

      Wishing you and yours a great year, my friend. I hope your mom is better now.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...