Saturday, 31 December 2016

Ring the bells for New Year

The other night I went out in my back garden. It was about 8:30pm. I wanted some time by myself. Alone. Just thinking.

It was freezing cold. I should have had a coat on. But I didn't. It was a spur of the moment thing. I just went out for some alone time.

I looked up. The clear black sky was full of starts. I felt so small and insignificant amongst this vast expanse. This universe out there ... somewhere.

Then in the distance. As if to remind me of the Almighty who made it all happen. I heard the church bells ringing. A rare sound indeed in these days of secularism. There is a church about a mile or so away from where I live and every so often, when the wind is blowing in the right direction, you can hear the bells faintly in the distance. It is a very old church which I have visited from time to time and sat there in silence. The sound of those bells in the freezing night air made me thank God in faithful gratitude.


A BLESSED NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

6 comments:

  1. Good one- happy new year :) take care and be happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nazia. It is nice to see you visiting here. Please return soon.

      Happy New Year and God bless.

      Delete
  2. Thanks most sincerely for the lovely words you left on ~ My little old world ~, I appreciate your Good Wishes so, so much !

    Happy and Blessed New Year to you too, my friend !

    Xx Daniela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniela for visiting me. I hope you return soon.

      May God bless you and your family this New Year and always.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful memory! Happy new year to you and yours, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes for the New Year to you and your family, Cheryl.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...