Sunday, 20 September 2015

TIME FOR SOME HONESTY

Have you noticed when watching a movie or other program on TV the sound is at the volume that you have set it at; and then, as the adverts are on, the TV sound automatically goes up in volume to make sure you are paying attention. I'm sure the adverts are recorded at higher volumes deliberately to attract your attention.

It's not as if the adverts are any good anyway. Most of them are boring and exagerate the benefits you're meant to get by buying the product. Why can't they be more honest?

For instance:
Our corset will only help make your bottom look smaller. For real results try going on a diet.

Cream will help hide away the wrinkles of aging. More than one application needed to improve complexion.
Minimum requirements: You must not be ugly to start with.
A cream that fights wrinkles day and night ...
to absolutely no effect. 

Our burgers and fries may not make you attractive to women.
But you'll have a more rounded figure.

XIPO for men.
The after-shave lotion that smells like a camel.
Drives men wild.
Admittedly not a massive selling-point - is it?

Self explanatory.

For your building project
Call LUCIFER CONSTRUCTIONS
The builders from hell !!!
Self explanatory

Pizza like Mamma used to make.
Full of additives, preservatives and colourants
as well as all other chemicals
you can't imagine.


BRIGHTO TOOTHPASTE
Turns dirty teeth and an ugly smile
into
Little cleaner teeth and still an ugly smile.


DENTAGLU
For that smile you'll be stuck with.

AND FINALLY

Here's an HONEST advert I made myself 

 



13 comments:

  1. OH, Victor!! Here I was thinking you were going to hang a picture of an elephant---OH NO---nothing that mundane!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lulu. At least I tried to make it an honest advert.

      God bless you, friend.

      Delete
  2. Just too funny, Victor! What a way to start the week!

    Laughing out loud ...

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda for visiting me again. It's good to laugh.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Ha! Ha! These are so funny, Victor! I love the video too! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... It's so great to see you visiting me again Mary. How are you and the family? I hope and pray all is well with you and yours.

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are well. How are you? I

      Delete
    2. Don't ask me what that weird "I" standing alone means, Victor. My fingers walk quicker than my brain does :)

      Delete
    3. Doing OK thank you, Mary. Every day is a blessing, thanx God.

      I know what you mean about fingers being faster than brainnnnnnn.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  5. OMGosh, I was laughing so hard at your homemade advert I forgot what was invented ... maybe that's a good thing ...? *lol* If laughter adds years to our lives, I just gained about 10 more (lives, not pounds). Thanks for the giggles.
    Hope your day is blessed. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad when people laugh, Sparky. Please visit again and hopefully I'll post more laughter here.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  6. That was a GREAT video Victor--a good ending to my day!
    Did you notice that the way "God" is holding the Ten Commandments tablets makes them kind of look like a heart? I like the symbolism.
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed the heart shaped Commandments, Aimee.

      I'm glad you enjoyed my video. And it's good to see you visiting me again.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...