Friday, 3 July 2015

The Leaning Tree



Father Francis Maple in one of his sermons makes a good point about our relationship with God by referring to a leaning tree. Here's what he says:
 
I think of a life as a tree. If a tree leans in one direction when it dies it will fall in that direction. It is not going to fall in the opposite direction. So, too, with our lives. If all the time we are leaning towards God, very likely, with God's grace we shall fall into His arms when we die. But if our lives never point to God, it is very likely that when we die we shall die in enmity with God.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victor! This post made me say "Oooohhh". Very thoughtful, and something I like because there's a visual to go with it. May God always catch me leaning into Him!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceil,

      It's a lovely memorable picture from one of Fr Francis' sermons. I have known him personally for years. He has a daily sermon here: http://fatherfrancismaple.co.uk/content/

      God bless you and yours Ceil.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...