Monday, 6 April 2015

Men Only

 
This post is for MEN ONLY.

Let it be a warning to all MEN before they utter those two simple words "I do ..."

Those two words can sometimes lead to a lot of unhappiness and regrets - believe me.


I'll never forget that day when I uttered the words "I do". They were the beginning of a long period of sadness, anguish and remorse in my life, which seemed to last an eternity.

Those two innocuous words uttered unthinkingly so often with a heart full of hope, happiness, trust and joy, can lead many a desolate soul to a sorry state of affairs from which there seems to be no come-back.

I really loved that woman. In fact, I still do and will do for ever. Yet ... I regret, as I have done many times since, having uttered those two words "I do".

I always believed that true love is based on mutual respect, genuine caring and good communication; but most of all honesty between two people committed to each other for life.

But I learnt, to my anguish and deep shame that this is not so. Certainly not honesty! Honesty can lead you down a path you never meant to take, from which there is no U-turn or coming back to where you started.

There are many times in married life when it is better to lie.

Yes ... I remember it as if it was yesterday, that day I said "I do".

She stood there looking radiant and full of pride and asked me "Do you think this dress makes my backside look big?"
I replied ... "I do".

12 comments:

  1. You don't know the dred I was feeling for you as I kept reading and the dawn of the beautiful woman approached. And then I got to the "but" part...and smiled.

    Nice way to start a Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my Blog David. Hope to see you here again soon.

    I have now grown much wiser and always say: "You look wonderful in anything you wear dear!" Telling lies pays a lot - I tell you.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Must keep everyone happy, for sure...

      Nice blog, Sir...I come back more often than I have been.

      Delete
    2. Many thanx. Much appreciated.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. VICTOR! I Knew from the first word-I would be screaming that at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see Lulu, we men get picked on for telling the truth. From now on I'll have to feign honesty as best I can.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  4. While reading this post, I was asking myself: Is Victor #1 going to far with his sharing with us but then after I finished, I thought that this would have made a good April Fools post.

    Truth is, this man will have been married forty five years on July 18th to the same woman and that's only because as a Man, I've had to hide the truth when my wife asked me if she's putting on too much weight.... I simply reply in so many words... Hey Honey, the more weight you put on... the more there is for me too love....:)

    God Bless

    P.S. If you don't see me too often here, it is because...I've now joined my wife on ...Satan's playground.... "I" mean good/bad, right/wrong, hot/cold, fun/sad face reading, "I" mean Facebook., lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Hey Honey, the more weight you put on... the more there is for me too love....:)" - What a lovely thing to say. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary for 45 years.

    I used to be on Facebook. Gave it up - didn't understand how it works.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I still don't know how it works....but I'm getting LOT's of help from our loving daughters and even our Grand Children cause us old people need help now and then....lol

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true ... too much technology these days. We used the microwave oven the other day. Had to wait for at least five minutes for the food to be ready. Can you imagine ... five minutes. We had nothing to do so we engaged in conversation whilst waiting.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...