Wednesday 27 August 2014

At the Hospital ...

One time I got sick and landed in the hospital. There was this one nurse that just drove me crazy. Every time she came in, she would talk to me like I was a little child.
She would say in a patronizing tone of voice... "And how are we doing this morning?"
 
Or... "Are we ready for a bath?" Or... "Are we hungry?"

I had had enough of this particular nurse. One day at breakfast, I took the apple juice off the tray and put it in my bedside stand.

Later I was given a urine sample bottle to fill for testing.

So you know where the apple juice went! The nurse came in a while later, picked up the urine sample bottle, looked at it and said... ‘My, my, it seems we are a little cloudy today.”

At this, I snatched the bottle out of her hand, popped off the top, and gulped it down, saying... "Well, I'll run it through again. Maybe I can filter it better this time!"

The nurse fainted... I just smiled!

10 comments:

  1. Now, I know I should be too much of a grown-up to laugh at this, Victor, but I guess not...

    I'm glad to see your sense of humour was alive and kicking while you were unwell :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Vicky,

      It's so great to see you visiting here again. I hope and pray that you and yours are well. Laughter is good for us. It releases little dolphins which tickle us from the inside. I read this in a medical paper which I am writing.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Oh Victor, you are bad!! I must agree with the above comment though...Humour will gets it through anything!
    Take care Friend! You'd be missed if you did stopped bringing us those funny little tidbits,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Noelle,

      It's great to see you returning here again too. How nice. This is just like having a laughter reunion.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. My, my, aren't we a little testy today ;) Of course you know that this cracked me up - I'm still giggling. Oddly enough, I can picture my husband doing this! (I won't tell him so though.) Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you too Mary, for re-visiting me here yesterday and today. Having a sense of humor is good for the soul. That's what I told our priest when I put a plastic coin in the collection plate last Sunday.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Your story reminds me of a story that my best friend's father told me in the mid sixties while he was a janitor at an army air force base.

    This man had given up a hotel manager's position at the age of forty for a lot more security...

    Anyway, there was one officer who would come in to inspect his work and every time this officer would find something wrong and always told him what he taught about it.

    One day this officer came into the washroom while my friend father was cleaning it and saw something brown on the toilet bowl and said, "What's that on the bowl? The janitor touched it with his finger and quickly brought it to his face and said, "IT" looks like S#@T, then put "IT" close to his nose and said, "IT" smells like S#@T, then he placed a little on his tongue and continued, "IT" taste like S*#T...

    Long story short, the janitorial engineer had placed a little peanut butter on the toilet bowl and longer story shorter this is a true story and the officer never bothered him again...

    Great to laugh once in awhile...lol

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious ... brilliant story. It really is great to laugh.

      God bless you too.

      Delete
  5. Hysterical!

    Thank you for the laugh ...

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.