Friday 27 June 2014

My real bad times.

A lot of people who laugh and smile at my humourous posts think that I am always cheerful and jovial. Perhaps so ... but is it a facade?

Believe me ... I've had bad times ... real bad times ...

I remember years ago when my wife went to look after an elderly relative all of a sudden and I was left at home alone with four children aged 7 and below.

I had a lot of work to do and a report which needed writing and e-mailed to the office as soon as possible if not earlier. I did not have time to do any shopping and there was very little food in the house. The kids were hungry and I did not know what to feed them. They'd had enough of sandwiches and they wanted something warm inside them.

I put the children in the car and decided to drive to town. We could go shopping or we could go for their favorite take away.

It started raining heavily. The car would not start. Try as I may I could not get the engine to start.

In desperation, I decided to get the children back in the house and phone for pizzas to be delivered.

As soon as I opened the car door the dog ran out of the car and into near by fields. I called him back. He ignored me and ran faster into the rain. I was getting drenched. Soaked all over.

I shut the car door and started walking towards the field calling for my dog to come back. I did not intend to go so far away from the children still in the car.

A few steps away and my shoe got stuck in the heavy mud underfoot. I tried to pull it out and the heel from my shoe came off altogether leaving a gaping hole in my shoe letting in even more water.

That's when I sat there on the muddy ground, took out my guitar, and started singing:
You picked a fine time to leave me loose heel
With four hungry children
And a dog in the field.
I've had some bad times
Lived through some sad times
But this time your hurtin' won't heal.
You picked a fine time to leave me loose heel.

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I am NOT laughing but seriously Victor, as a woman I just know that if it had been your wife instead of you, she would have taken it all in stride...We tend to see those days as the norm and just keep on!
    Then again, instead of picking up a guitar and sing, she might have just screamed a good time...A wonderful way to relieve stress Friend!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's only because women can multi-task. We men are better at making up songs instead.

      It's great to see you visiting again Noelle. Thanx. Much appreciated.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Those are bad times? That sounds like a routine day for your wife. What a complainer...lol. You know once I had the heals of both shoes I was wearing come off at the same time. I kind of stumbled on the steps of my friend's house and when I recovered my feet felt funny and I looked down and both heals were separated. Weird. Now if I weree you I wouldn't let your wife see this post. She might ask for a maid since it's so difficult to take care of four kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Manny ... it was bad times ... my feet were soaking wet and the children kept asking for pizza. So picking up the guitar and singing was the only thing to do. I bet a woman would not have thought of doing that!

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  3. ((( My real bad times.)))

    You've got to STOP "IT" Victor #1 cause I'm starting to think that you're just a fic man, "I" mean figment of my imagination. After, having read the above title, I.quietly said to myself, he's got to be kidding but I can't wait to read this story. After I finished, I was even more convinced that you must be a part of me who is only parallelly travelling on a second rail with my spirit and/or soul, if YA get my drift? :)

    I recall in the eighties after I had given UP my real estate brokers dream of starting my own business after the alien gods, "I" mean the angel gods wanted me to sell souls and I turned them down and only had to spend 13 days in a mental hospital in the late seventies...

    Sorry for getting off track again. :(

    Our baby daughter was born in the eighties so now we had five girls to feed and my wife was the only one working at the time and I was still trying to get over my so called depression and long story short, it was best and a lot cheap her, "I" mean cheaper at the time if I did the baby sitting while my wife worked.

    Anyway! I also did sing to our daughters and played a lot of country songs while they listened. Yes your above song "Lucille" was heard by them many of times. All our girls knew that song well, well at least that's what I thought until years later, I talked to them about the times that I baby sat them. Hey Victor #1, just like YA did above with Lucille, they also had gotten many of the lines wrong. :)

    For example when Kenny Rogers sang the lines: with four hungry children and a crop in the field..... get ready for "IT" our baby thought those lines really were... with four hundred children and the 'crap' in the field... Hey if any of you ever get a chance to listen to our baby sing in person, just ask her but please don't ask her too much cause she might tell YA that I use to tell them to eat lots of bread with their soup. In fairness to our Victor godly cells, let's just say that they loved my soup and always wanted a double portion. :)

    What do YA mean "I" better quit before we both fall off the rails and get caught in polished tics, "I" mean politic! LOL :)

    Go Figure?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn4M3r_4K-4

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four hundred children? Four is quite a handful.

      God bless you all.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.