Wednesday 18 August 2010

Last letter.

“Dear Mom and Dad,

I’m so sorry I left home. I couldn’t take any more arguments and shouting. I went to stay with a school friend.

Sometime later I met a man at a party and we became friends. I went to live with him and I got pregnant. He wanted me to get rid of it. I said no and he asked me to leave his apartment. I went back to my school friend. She helped me all this time I was pregnant and I had a baby boy in secret. She took me to a house of a friend where I had the baby three days ago.

I left him at the Convent and saw a nun take him in. Then I saw a police car at the Convent. I think they are looking for me. I am frightened and don’t know what to do.

Louise.”

Father Ignatius stopped reading the newspaper. It seems the police had no choice but to publish the letter in order to try to identify who the dead teenager found in the park was.

The priest left the breakfast table and went to his church to offer Mass for the repose of her soul.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry Shadowlands. It was not my intention. This story is the sequel to the previous one - Mother's love.

    God bless you Shadowlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This touched my very soul. It does cause one to weep for all those who suffer from loneliness, shame, or fear. I want to seek her our and just let her know she's not abandoned. Thank you for this reflection today! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was just a baby herself who needed someone to take care of her. It also made me think of her parents and if they saw the letter and the grief that would come to them. And finally what a shame this baby will never know his mother.
    The hope-filled lining? God can bring good from anything.
    Your posts of the last 2 days are also a call to prayer for all the young mothers who find themselves in similar circumstances.
    God bless, Victor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cathy and Karinann,

    A sad story indeed for all concerned, the baby, the young teenager and her parents and relatives and friends. They need our prayers in real life.

    I'll try a less sombre story later on this week, always with a hidden message I hope.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh Victor, I am wiping the tears away from the last letter, I know you write fiction but this could and has happened so many times in our society......:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too true Bernie, this sort of thing has happened often in real life sadly.

    God bless you Bernie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings Colleen,

    Thanx so much for visiting and writing in.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.