Sunday, 1 November 2009

Visions.



The priest’s house was built next door to St Vincent Church high on a hill overlooking the old town. Father Ignatius stood by the window in his office and from his vantage point he looked down pensively at the old buildings hugging close together and sharing in common poverty.



Ever since June, Helen and Tim, three children from the local Catholic school, had said they’d seen Jesus in the park, news of the vision spread fast around town. In a place where nothing much happens except loss of jobs and business closures, such a story united people in holding differing opinions about the event.

Some readily believed, seeking hope amidst hopelessness. Whereas others, already consumed by bitterness and despair, could only rejoice in the twisted belief that the story may yet prove to be false.

Father Ignatius faced a personal dilemma.



“Could it be …” he asked himself as he looked down the street, “that our Lord would visit such a poor place. Just like He did in Bethlehem all those years ago?”



He had known the three children and their parents for years. They were good children, well raised by their parents. The girls sang in the choir, whilst young Tim served as an altar boy.

"Not the kind of children who would lie about something like this," he thought to himself. "Not about something so important."

“If they saw Jesus …” and the thought froze in his mind for a moment or two.

“Or could they be mistaken perhaps … but then, the details of the vision are so precise and unwavering. No matter how often you ask the children … they always say exactly the same thing.”

He turned back into his office and looked at the picture of Jesus of The Divine Mercy hanging on the wall.



He thought of Blessed Faustina.

“Did they doubt you too?” he asked under his breath, “you were only sixteen when you saw the vision of Christ.”



The above is a short summary of my book VISIONS. You can learn what happens next HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Victor, I would love to purchase your book. Can I purchase it directly from you?
    I also have become a follower of your blog. I find it very interesting and in according to my own Catholic beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginny,

    Thank you for your comments and for becoming a follower of my Blog. I very much appreciate it.

    Thank you also for your interest in my book. As you are in the USA and I am in the UK it would be easier to purchase the book direct from the US - the link for this is on the right of this Blog. It is published in the USA and not in the UK (although available world-wide).

    Please let me know what you think of it.

    God bless you and yours always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Victor!

    I also would like to purchase your book. But I would want you to sign it for me.

    How could that be done?

    rgds
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brian,

    Thanx for your comment. Now you're embarrassing me. I'm not really that famous you know - just a no-body who wrote a book.

    Tell you what - write to me at enquiries@holyvisions.co.uk (the emails come straight to my desk) leaving your address and we'll work something out.

    This applies to you too Ginny. Write me at the email address above.

    Thanx and God bless you for making me blush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just watched some about Sister Faustina last night. I did not see the end of the show, but what I did see brought me to tears...I couldn't remember her name this morning and lo and behold, the Lord leads me here!! praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

    I never knew it was because of Sister that this picture came to be. I want to learn more about this since I didn't see the end of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angela,

    Thanx for visiting my Blog. Hope to see you again and often.

    Sister Faustina was born Helena Kowalska in Poland in 1905. She died in 1938 aged 33. She was Beatified by Pope John Paul II on 18 April 1993.

    She saw a vision of our Lord (very much as in the picture) and He said to her:

    Paint an image according to the pattern you see with the inscription: Jesus, I trust in You. I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over its enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I myself will defend it as My own glory.

    You can read more on this website:
    http://www.faustina.ch/index_en.htm

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...